• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help!!

SkinnyBones

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
197
I put together a computer and when i turn the computer on it gives power to everything for a second and shuts off. I can keep doing it but it still won't work. It won't power up the processor or hard drive all the turns on is the fans. I don't know what else to do. I'm guessing it could be someting with the motherboard.
 
double check all cables - make sure everything (vid card, sound card, memory, etc.) is properly seated - especially your cpu and its heatsink
slowly strip down the system to your board, cpu, and video card and one piece of memory - IF no go then - clear cmos - then unplug everything from the power supply and then plug it back in it. If all else fails take it completely apart (always make sure you are properly grounded while rebuilding - when you do make sure the motherboard is not grounding on anything. Good luck.
 
Like he said, your powersupply is grounding out because it is detecting a short in the system somewhere. Somewhere in your computer, there are a connector that is not properly plugged or a faulty wire or circuit.
 
Back
Top