Help with X-Fi Pax installation?

Azraelot

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 16, 2001
Messages
181
I posted recently about wanting bass control on my X-Fi sound card. I don't have the install disc anymore for whatever reason (at least it's not in my huge pile of discs on my shelf), so I can't install the basic Soundblaster programs that give you control over the mixer or whatever it is that lets you soften the bass output on my card. They aren't available on the SB website.

I recently downloaded and burned the YouP-PAX software for the X-Fi onto a cd-r and ran it after uninstalling the driver for my X-Fi card. I was told there was a program in that suite that would let you adjust the bass output, but for some reason, whenever I install it from the CD, the drivers seem to install fine and work, but there aren't any control programs or anything like that that are available.

I think the problem might be that I'm trying to install these drivers on XP. I select the installation option for Win XP/2000 in the installation, and then it tells me to change an option in the "Customized Installation" window, but that window never pops up. It also tells me that it can't find the "demo.exe" file.

Any solutions? The sound console for my on-board sound chip is arguably more useful than the stuff I can download for the X-Fi.
 
Back
Top