Help with Overclocking Radeon 9700TX

Xelarator

n00b
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
35
Ok here is the thing..a month ago, i pulled out a Radeon 9700TX from a DELL PC (TX not XT..Dell used these TX, which are clocked at 263/263..basically a lower clocked card). I believe they are built by ati....But the problem is, everytime i try to overlock it either memory or gpu, even by 1mhz, the card stalls. I am thinking it might be locked. Is there any way i can change the BIOS or do something that'll allow me to OC it?
 
try the omega drivers.......don't know if they work for a 9700TX? though
 
I think one of the overclocking tools added special support for the TX? Might've been Rage3d tweak?
 
fuck dell
What a well worded helpful reply!:rolleyes: but, yeah, fuck em. The Omega's should work, but I believe the newest 3.10 driver doesn't come with RadClocker OC utility. DL a previous version and start the install to get RadClocker installed and then cancel and load the newest driver.
 
Back
Top