Help with endless bootup loop in Winxp!

Taipans

Weaksauce
I had some spyware / adware / and a few trojans on a computer. I ran Adaware - Spybot - and AVG to clean it all up. Everything seemed great, until AVG asked me to reboot in order to finish the cleanup process. Once I did this the system gets to the loading bar area, scrolls it past a few times then reboots. Over and over, been doing it for 10 minutes now! I tried to boot into Safemode, but as it loads it does the same thing!

I have tons of emails / and my outlook address book that I need to save before I format. Is there anyway using the repair console or something to fix this? Anyway to get to all those files if I cant?

Thank you very much!

youll have to fix windows, so youll need the recovery disk. so pop the disk in and if the windows xp install doesnt show, and it keeps rebooting. Press "delete" repeatedly until the bios appears and change the boot order to cd drive.

If that still doesn work...i dont know how to help, srry:mad:

If that doesn't work, your best bet is - if you have a second pc - to access the contents that way and to wipe out that disk.

Boot from your XP CD, preferably one of the same service pack level as your install, and run a repair install. Then, make sure you rerun all of your Windows updates, unless you plan to just back up your data and do a fresh install anyway.

Back