Help with 37" Philips calibration.

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,959
I can't seem to get the right settings for this tv as a monitor. It does a good job gaming. I do not see any ghosting. However, the size of the screen and the relatively low resolution I am forced to play at leaves something to be desired. Max is 1920x1080 but at 30Hz?

1368x768 is native at 60hz.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/...=37PF7320A/37&scy=us&slg=en&mid=Link_Software

That is my model. Question is what setting to use for desktop and gaming?
 
Last edited:
The native resolution is actually 1366x768 @ 60hz, so try that first. If that doesn't work then you may have to try a custom resolution of 1360x768, which works for some TV's but i have no idea why.

Also make sure you have the correct TV menu settings, definitely enable anything that reads like "dot for dot" etc etc since that would ensure a 1:1 pixel ratio.

In your video card control panel, make sure you disable any overscan/underscan options.

Once everything is setup and finished then you run everything at that resolution, windows desktop, games etc etc.

Ignore the "compatible" resolutions since they make everything look blurry or wavy, especially that silly 1920x1080 @ 30hz.

Good luck either way.
 
For PC I only have 1024x768 and 800x600. Under HD, SD I can select 1280x720 at highest with 60hz. Not sure if it makes a diff b/w that being HD, Sd and pc. Using a 480 GTX btw. I did a software update on this display a while back and there are no new updates. Might just be stuck.

Anyone want a 37" lcd? Trade for a 27" monitor lol.
 
Have you tried both HDMI and VGA?

Also: you might have to create a custom resolution to reach the TV's native resolution. Unless your TV has some serious limitations.
 
Back
Top