Help Wiring PSOne LDC

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 10, 2000
Messages
6,849
I am going to mod my PSOne LCD. I was planning on useing a VGA Cable I had pulled from a broken monitor, however the wires are colored a little differant than what I expected. I was useing the guide at http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2004/07/07/psone_lcd/2.html and here is a Scan (sorry best I could do) od the wires from my cable.
vgacable.JPG

the 3 large wires are shielded, Grey, Blue, and Red, the 5 smaller wires are black, green, yellow, brown, orange.
I need to know what wires goes to what solder point on the LCD.
Thanks in advance!

[edit] I dont even know if this cable will work now that I study the pin diagrams in that tutorial, as my VGA connector doesn't have a Pin 9, that is the yellow wire in the diagram, is this the DCC wire he was talking about?
 
your going to need a meter and have to ohm out the wires. I would imagine that
red is red shielded, green is grey shielded, and blue is blue shielded.

Good Luck
 
If you're using a Sony/Zenith/Verge brand Psone lcd (which are all the same Samsung LCD) then you have all the info you need here:

lcdpinout.jpg


VGA Pin

1 - Red
2 - Green
3 - Blue
6,7,8 - RGB Ground
9 - DCC
13 - VGA CSync

schematic.jpg


Otherwise the guide you're following doesn't apply...
 
I dont think I am useing that cable, I been doing some more reading and some people have used Cat5 Cable and just used a male connector. I think this would work alot better as it is smaller and alot more flexable.
And it has me thinking, I could put a femal plaug on the VGA connector and one on the Display and then I would be able to to use any premade Cat5 cable and have the length I need for any future changes. would this work ok or would the additional connections cause problems?
 
Back
Top