• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

**Help W/Upgrading Video Card!**

Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
3,730
Im upgrading my son's rig, and it currently has a Gf4 Ti-4600, and Im thinking of buying something like an NVidia FX 5900XT 128 MB so it's DirectX9 to run some of the latest games. How does it compare to the Gf4? I dont wanna spend too much on the card so if lmk if it's a good choice or not!

Thanx!
 
A 9800 Pro, I think would do...........I wanted to keep the price around $100, used is fine, but I still want to know why the FX-Series is not a choice card and how it compares to the older Gf4?
 
the fx series is pretty much a gf4 ti with all these new features thrown in that dont really add power, just the ability to suck more out of the card without processing faster. Anything up to a 5700 is likely slower then your suns 4600 and then there will be a small gain til the 5900. The 5900 and 9800 pro are about the same in speed, but the 9800 pro usually has and edge and is much quieter
 
Back
Top