Help to new SFF build

'99

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
99
I'm thinking about building a new gamer SFF.
My current build:
Silverstone SG01-B Evolution, AMD64 4000+, eVGA NF44, 2 Gb Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT, eVGA 7900GTX Superclocked, Samsung Spinpoint 250 Gb SATA II, Creative X-FI Extreme Music, Plextor 760A, Viewsonic VX922, Enermax Liberty 500Watt, Crystalfontz CF635 display with fancontrol and temperture monitoring.

I have'nt desided which case to use, but the CPU will be a AMD x2 6000+ and a PNY 8800 GTX GFX card.
Any good suggestion for a new build are wellcome.
 
When looking at this CPU Chart the difference between the AMD x2 6000+ vs. Core 2 Duo E6700 is'nt that big. The difference in price here in Denmark is 10-15 euro
 
When looking at this CPU Chart the difference between the AMD x2 6000+ vs. Core 2 Duo E6700 is'nt that big. The difference in price here in Denmark is 10-15 euro
I guess you don't want to wait until July? In eight weeks, Intel releases faster 1333MHz FSB versions of its Intel Core 2 Duo processors at lower prices. The Intel E6550 (2.33GHz), E6750 (2.66GHz), and E6850 (3GHz) will cost $163, $183, and $266, respectively. The quad-core Q6600 also drops to $266.
 
No rush here.... and the best pick for that type CPU is the Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R?
 
No rush here.... and the best pick for that type CPU is the Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R?
Yes.

It's available in Europe already, but U.S. resellers can't "officially" sell it until June 4. It's the first good SFF board for the Intel Core2 platform.
 
Any suggestion to a nice case? At this point the Silverstone SG01-e is my first choice, but without some modding, I won't be able to fit a 8800GTX inside.
 
You are out of luck. The only case that would support an 8800GTX without mods is the Qmicra but they aren't in production right now. They fit in a MicroFly pretty easily with only a slight modification required.

And why are you creating multiple threads for the same question?? :confused: If you want to ask dworley something specific relating to a thread you already have, just send him a PM.

- JT
 
I just use shuttle barebones for my builds since all the cable lengths, mobo etc. fit the case.
 
@NoodleTech... only problen is, that I don't like the onboard sound. And when using Creative's X-Fi, if there is room, might give the GFX problems getting air enough.
 
99 - Definitley go with a C2D setup if you want the best performance from your 8800GTX. There was a big difference for me in games with my C2D systems vs AMD when powering an 8800GTX or 8800GTS SLI, especially at higher res 1920x1200and AA/AF settings.
 
Qmicra are in production, even the rev.2 which is the one you will want to get. Or the xGene mini can fit the gtx.
 
@NoodleTech... only problen is, that I don't like the onboard sound. And when using Creative's X-Fi, if there is room, might give the GFX problems getting air enough.

that's true haha. I guess I'm happy with the onboard sound.
 
Back
Top