• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

help: stuck @ Verifying DMI Pool Data...Update Success

raygan_gamer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
330
done so far:
- cleared CMOS
- cleared the BIOS via the one next to the PS/2 port vs reset on the mobo
- set my HD Priorities
- Enabled everything AUTO on everything
- unplugged any USB

running out of ideas
 
could you elaborate a little bit more? what were you doing?

begin unplugging everything but the cpu heatsink/fan, then when you hear the mobo beeps, start installing, first the memory (just one dimm) then the vid card and so on
Read the FAQs too
 
unplug any/all SATA devices from the motherboard. I used to see this error all the time when a bad harddrive or optical drive was connect to the motherboard.
 
It's more likely the cables than the drives if unplugging SATA devices fixes the problem. I've had many SATA cables fail on me since the interface was introduced, and I treat them very well. They just seem more fragile than the ribbons used for IDE (not that plenty of those didn't fail, too).
 
I initially had a problem with a Nexstar HD dock with a 1.2 TB WD via eSATA.
Nexstar said that they had problems with the newer WD HD, so they replaced mine with newer firmware.

When I reconnected the Nexstar HD to rig, I replaced the WD with a Seagate 1.2TB HD.

Fired it up.

During boot, the Seagate was recognized...but it would stop at Verifying DMI Pool.

So I started unplugging anything USB first.

It hanged

Reset, fired it up

stopped again.

Reset BIOS to default

fired it up and stopped stuck @ Verifying DMI Pool Data...Update Success
 
my D:\ HD
my DVD-rom

removed one stick of memory

gets stuck @ Verifying DMI Pool Data...Update Success
and underneath it says
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
 
Then it's not sticking, it got past updating the DMI pool and didn't find a boot disk.

Reconnect just your harddrive (only the boot drive, if you have more than one), make sure the BIOS is set to boot off that drive, and try again. If your drive isn't detected, swap the SATA cable for it from another drive and try again.
 
I switch boot order from HD to DVD-ROM

now stuck @ Verifying DMI Pool Data...................
Boot from CD:

Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.....

restarted.....

now Window is loading files...........
 
...no. Make sure it's booting from HDD, not DVDROM. If it can't find the HDD and it's set to boot from HDD you get the error you were seeing before "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". Change cables, switch back to booting from the HDD, connect only your boot disk, and try again.

EDIT: if it booted normally with only the HDD attached, you're fine. Start reconnecting things. The thing that causes it to hang either has a bad cable or has gone bad itself. A cable is more likely, but drives do fail.
 
currently:
Running Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool...

Off Topic: I have to go to work within the next hours....for 8HRS:shakes:
I'd be done chewing off my fingers by then

On Topic:
Memory Test 1: Passed

Test 2...14% complete.......

THE HORROR!!!
 
Back
Top