Help Random Resets

Ety

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Messages
499
My PC's clock has been running about 10 min fast every day. And it just started to artifact and then the monitor goes into sleep mode then the PC restarts. I have been looking at the PSU voltages and they look like they are fluctuating(sp.) I am going to play a game and see if it artifacts then shuts down or something werid. I am thinking of getting a new PSU but I am kinda bumbed that my 1 year old 400w Antec might be doing it. :mad: Any suggestions?
 
see if any of your fans died and what kind of PSU is this?
 
MaMMa said:
see if any of your fans died and what kind of PSU is this?

Ya some of my fans died but I've had the door off. I just toke off both doors, PCI blanks, and reversed the fan flow of the back fans (Front fans are dead, one blow hole fan is ok) I also moved the HD to the top HD rack and toke out the 3.5 Blanks to try and get more air flow. The PSU is a 400W Antec. Its also restarting now with out articfacts and during boot.
 
did you OC the vid card of the CPU then start noticing this or just outta the blue.

u should get some new fans and put a new fan close to the video or a desk fan blowin in the case and then test. the PSU should be fine but if it fluctuates tooo much u might want to get a new one
 
MaMMa said:
did you OC the vid card of the CPU then start noticing this or just outta the blue.

u should get some new fans and put a new fan close to the video or a desk fan blowin in the case and then test. the PSU should be fine but if it fluctuates tooo much u might want to get a new one

No OCs or anything everytime I try the system won't boot. I am going to get a PCI Fan tommrow and maybe get raped and buy normal fans at Comp-USA. How much is ok voltage wise in the PSU? I just opened it up and dusted out as much as I could and tommorow I am going to air compressor clean everything.
 
After cleaning out the PSU, Moving the PSU and stuff it looks like everythings good now. I am going to replace all the fans today and do some more cleaning.
 
Back
Top