• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help on parts for new Computer.

Bigntasty

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
70
I have helped build computers before for people (put together) but now I am building my own and I am kind of lost on what to buy. I have about 800 to spend on these 4 parts and have a decent idea what I want but maybe you guys could give me some help.

I'm pretty sure I want

AMD 64 3000+ 939----150 newegg

1 to 1.5 gigs of RAM ----What kind should I get I am not to concerned about overclocking the memory (but I want it to be stable) However I will want to overclock my processor a little.

Motherboard-- I am kinda lost on this as well what should I get that will be stable (PCIe is not needed)

Video card- I have about 250 dollars to spend on this what is the best I can do?


My hard drive, DVD writter, mouse/keyboard, monitor, case, and powersupply are taken care of already.
 
get gig of ram, if your gonna overclock your CPU anywhere past a tad... get good ram or you'll regret it
 
would two of these be good?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=20-146-219&DEPA=0

Or should I go with Geil?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-144-310&depa=1

Or

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-144-513&depa=1

I wont be overclocking too much but I heard that processor can overclock well so I would like to. What about the rest of the system?

Also I found these two motherboards (I can't have PCIe because I already bought the case and power supply and it has a 20 pin connecter)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-469&depa=1

Or

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-510&depa=1
 
get OCZ Value vx 1 gig for liek $154 shipped, my friend just got it and can get his FSB to 280
 
Back
Top