Help Networking Xbox Live

Piph05

n00b
I have a PC that uses a Linksys Wireless-G adapter that connects to a router in another room. I have the xbox in the same room as my pc, so i ran an ethernet cable from my pc to the xbox thinking it would work, but it doesnt. The xbox does not read the cable, IP address or the DNS. Any idea on how i could get it to work w/o having to buy a wireless adapter for the xbox? Thanks.

From the information i have been gathering from the internet i was thinking that i might just need a cross over cable for it to work? I am not really sure though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heh, the same setup as my latop to xbox that i just fixed and it stopped working after I restarted the laptop.

Here's how.

You need to run a crossover cable from the computer to the xbox. Only a crossover cable will work.

Then you have to use ics (internet connection sharing) to share the wireless adapter's internet with the wired adapter's device.

The problem I had with mine was ip addressing issues. I hooked my laptop up to my computer to work on it. You might want to borrow someone's comp and experiment.

I manualy set the ip and the sharing computers end and auto at the xbox's. I put the dns as the router or something like that. I can't remember but if you goto the xbox connect's forums, they have some great help there. I know you are using xbox live but xbox connect still requires internet so same pricipal.

http://forum.xbconnect.com/

Hope that helps and I hope you get it hooked up on the internet.

I just used a regular ethernet cable and plugged it directly into my router...XBOX Connect detected it just fine....

Back