• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help me with Video Card Installation Problems!!!

Seufari

Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2005
Messages
871
Ok... So here's the deal...

After a freak accident ruined my old computer, I bought a new motherboard and CPU. It was the AMD 3700+ Clawhammer and Biostar Combo off Newegg. I plugged everything in and got her started up with my video card from my old computer. It was an fx5600. The card did not display anything right, and i could not read any of the bios.

So...

I borrowed my two different working video card from my uncle. One was an older card that i didnt recognize and one was a newer ATI (think 9800). Upon istalling the first borrowed video card the computer would not boot. I reseated it many times and got the same result. The case fan and CPU fan would spin for about a second and then shut off. The card still worked in my uncles computer though.
The second card (~9800) worked as it should and I was even able to get my old xp instal to boot under safe mode.

So...

I bought a used video card from a member on here. A BFG 6800. The problem is that it is giving me the same problem as my uncles. The whole thing boots for about a second then shuts off... I really want this card to work and my computer to be fixed but I cant figure out what to do.


If any of you have idea's please let me know. I'd really like to get this fixed this week.
 
Back
Top