• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help Me Set This Up!

UberNewb

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
234
I have purchased a pair of Bose 201 speakers (I know, they aren't that great, but I do my "serious" listening on a dedicated headphone system that is pretty high end.) This will just be for general MP3 listening, etc.

I am using an Epox 8RDA3+ motherboard with the onboard sound.

What is the best way to connect a reciever to the "soundcard?"

Does anybody have a recommendation for a cheap reciever that will hook up properly and sound decent?

Thanks!
 
well...I suppose that depends on what kind of inputs your receiver has...if you have digital, use it, and if not you'll need a minijack->RCA Y cable, which you can get at radioshack.

From what I've read your sound chip does have an S/PDIF digital out you can use...though I don't know if your board has an external connector to it. You may have to do a little research to find the pins on the motherboard, and do some creative connections to it, but it's available.
 
Back
Top