Help me put my first Intel rig together.

alf717

Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
906
I feel like I know what I'm doing but I want to make sure I'm not holding anything back. So I had this in mind.

i5 2500K:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072&Tpk=i5 2500k

Or

Intel Core i5-3570K:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128543

G-Skill 4x4 @ 1600:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231429

What do you fellow Intel [H]'ers think? I'm primarily going to be gaming on this machine with a mix of other stuff but mostly gaming. Would mixing a Sandy Bridge CPU with an Ivy Bridge board cause any issues or limit me in anyway? Just want to make sure I do this right and thanks for looking. Plus LGA 1155, 1156, 1366 and 2011 threw me off. Should I worry about this if I want to future proof my rig? Say two - three years down I want to upgrade my CPU if necessary.
 
There's no such thing as an ivy bridge board. Though IB is the better CPU for nearly everything except for high OC on air and will give you the beat feature set when combined with a Z77 chipset.
 
There's no such thing as an ivy bridge board. Though IB is the better CPU for nearly everything except for high OC on air and will give you the beat feature set when combined with a Z77 chipset.

OK thanks for the correction. I was actually planning on getting into overclocking with this Intel CPU. Don't want to venture into watercooling yet but I will have a Hyper 212+ on it using push pull methods. I think I would like to hit 4GHz with either CPU and let it at that.
 
It's say go with IB. 4Ghz is achievable with no voltage bump at all in most cases.
 
Back
Top