Help me decide ö¿ô

user0ne

Weaksauce
I plan on running a 64 3000, ati 9800pro 128, and im hung up on memory- i would love a gig of OCZ 3700EB , money to performance ratio plays a big point. I dont wanna spend more than 200 for memory, so any recommindations around this price range would be much appreciated.

Epox 8KDA3+ : 151.00$
Chaintech VNF3-250: 69.00$ !!!
MSI K8N Neo Platinum: 147.00$

anyone have the chaintech ? for that price i might just try one .

Any thoughts ?
Did i say something newbish ?
Is this worse than my 9600xt pr 9800pro thread ? :D

I've always been partial to Crucial memory and haven't been burned yet. Nice thing is you put in your MB model and they spit out a list of memory they guarantee to work.

your going to be hard pressed to find 1gb of good qualaty ram for less than 200. have you looked at just the regular pc3200 by ocz?

acascianelli said:
your going to be hard pressed to find 1gb of good qualaty ram for less than 200. have you looked at just the regular pc3200 by ocz?
yup, im trying to figure out how much oc'ing im gonna do, and what the best fit would be.
i could spend a lil more than 200 (looks like ill have to)

Benny Blanco said:
Kingmax has PC3700 at newegg for $91 per 512MB, worth looking at.
Kingmax rocks the charts when oc'ing, just never owned any myself, or anyone i know.
anyone have anything bad to say about kingmax ?

Also check out A-Data 512MB PC4000 for $109.

I have bought A-Data 512MB PC3200 ($79) from newegg for an A64 system and they worked as expected :cool:

grrrr, so many options...
I still havent picked a mb, is the epox worth double the cost of the chaintech is my current question. i think it is and will proablly get it.
Memory is still up in the air.
kingmax offers the most bang for the buck, and u can get in tsop or tiny bga.
so many ocz types...

if you had either the Epox 8KDA3+ or the Chaintech VNF3-250:
what memory would you guys run if you didnt want to spend over 300, and you wanted a gig of it. 512 just isnt enough for games imo.

For highest possible fsb/sync overclocking, I would get the A-Data PC4000. That comes to $218 for a gig.

For moderate/slight overclocking, I'd get the Kingmax PC3700 for $182.

If not overclocking at all, a gig of A-Data PC3200 is $158.

I've heard people say running the RAM out of sync isn't a problem with A64 like it is with Athlon XP/NForce2.

Even still, I say just get the PC4000 and forget about it :cool:

Back