Help me choose between two laptops

raivo

n00b
Hi! Recently I came across between two laptop deals with similar price and I have to choose between them. Main usage will be internet, emails, some movies etc. not for hard gaming.

First one is Asus X54L Sx033V - Celeron B800 1.5Ghz Dual Core cpu, 2GB DDR3, 320GB hdd, 15" screen, used battery life up to 2.5hours

Second is Lenovo/IBM T61p - C2D T9300 2.5Ghz Dual Core cpu, 4GB DDR2, 250GB hdd, 15" screen, used battery life ~2 hours

What I understand from comparision charts is that cpu perfomance is very similar, T9300 beeing very slighty superior compared to B800, but I can later upgrade B800 to more powerfull i3 if I need to and same goes to memory upgrades.

Lenovo/IBM T61p has a higher resolution screen, but it is not too important for me.

1. Which screen will be better in moderate sunshine as I will be using it a lot in a shiny room?

2. I had experience with some older laptop that only read SD cards up to 2GB, but not SDHC 4GB and more. Lenovo/IBM have SD card slot but will it read SDHC cards?

3. Which one has better overall perfomance and durability? I prefer Lenovo/IBM for higher build quality but Asus has build-in-cpu graphics so less component to fail over time and lower temps?

4. Better price/perfomance for the same amount of money?

Edit: I just came across another option with the same price - Dell Latitude E6400, Intel P8400 2.26Ghz Dual Core, 1GB DDR2 RAM and 80GB hdd, lower RAM and less hdd space is not too big problem, but it is in other city so it has to be very good reason to go and choose this laptop over the previous two. Is it worse it? I have to make a desition soon.

Last edited:
Back