• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help, I can't hear anything!!!

rnels77

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
20
Ok, I just bought a new motherboard off of anandtech. I got it and everything works great( it is a A8N-SLI). They only problem is that I can't get the onboard audio to work. First I tryed using the disc I got, which had the basic ASUS motherboard bios on it. No luck. Next I downloaded this: WDM_A392.exe. That did work either. Lastly I download and tried this:ALC850_V5870_WHQL. I tried that twice actually, it was the audio drivers I got from the ASUS site. NEver off them everworked. All i am trying to do is to get my headphones to work. I never very knowlegdable with audio stuff, so if you could help. Thank you.
Here is my set up if you need that:
ASUS A8N SLI
AMD X2 3800
7600gt eVGA
OCZ Modstream 450watt
200gb Maxtor, 160gb Samsung both SATA
 
Check your bios and see if the card is turned off. Also, is the card showing up under my system? Is the mixer muted? Are your cans pluged into the right port?
 
Are the device drivers installing properly, and do you get a functional Volume Control icon?
 
My AC'97 is enabled in the BIOS.
Under system this is what I got: Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Codecs, Legacy Video Capture Codes, Media Control Devices, NVIDIA nForce MIDI UART, Standard Game Port, Video Codecs.
And in the sound and Audio device properties the only thing that is shows is that I have MIDI music playback.
 
Unless you see a "Realtek" device or an "Unknown Sound Device", the on-board sound isn't enabled or isn't functioning at all.

There's apparently a jumper that need to be in place for on-board sound to function through the rear panel. Check your manual and make sure this jumper is in place.
 
Back
Top