[HELP] Connecting my PC to TV

Sandbox Magician

Limp Gawd
I want to use my PC, in my sig, to stream XviD's and such to my TV. They're in the same room, about 15ft apart. I want to hide the cords and all, so I would need probably 25-30ft of clearance. Now, I have no clue how to do this. My video card has a video-out on it, but it says:
"Not for simultaneous connectivity of SVIDEO /COMP with component"

Does this mean that I won't be able to have my monitor and TV on at the same time? That also says SVIDEO, which my TV doesn't have, so does it still apply? The adapter cable that came with my card has a blue, green, red, yellow, and s-video out on it. I assume that I can just try to find a 30ft standard yellow video cable and connect it to my TV and everything is good?

Now this takes care of the video... I don't have very good speakers for the PC, so I was wondering how I would go about getting the audio to come out of my TV as well. I have the Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit onboard. What kind of converter/connector would I need to channel the audio to my TV?

My budget is only about $100 for all of the cables and everything, so I'm trying to get this done as cheap as possible. Would I be better off getting that 30ft video cord and buying a cheap set of speakers, or is there something out there for around $100 that will be better for both the video and audio?

Back