Help! Computer goes into fullscreen and freezes

I don't really know how to say whats wrong, but it seems that everytime my computer has been on for more than a day (considering i can't really make a specific time of how long it has to be on for this to happen) my computer ends up not working in what seems to be fullscreen mode.

My computer works just fine when its restarted or just freshly turned on, and all my games and movies work fine. Its just when the computer has been on for a prolonged period of time, it seems to not work in fullscreen. No fullscreen games, no fullscreen videos in windows media player. Windows media player plays vidoes fine as long as it isn't in fullscreen even when I have this problem, so I don't really get it. Also, when i startup games, they just freeze or stutter quite a bit and never seem to load all the way. I can usually close out of the program or fulllscreen mode in windows media plyer and the computer runs fine, but its never fixed until its restarted. Maybe just problems with fullscreen video? Maybe the graphics card?

I haven't done any overclocking to anything. The only thing I had to do was put my ram voltage up to 2.2 from 1.8 in the bios, since 1.8 was default, but not enough voltage for my ram.

My system is a brand new one I got a week ago.

Asus p5n32-e sli plus
EVGA 8800GTX superclocked
Patriot Extreme PC2-6400 800mhz 2GB (2x1GB)
Intel Core 2 E6400 conroe LGA775 with zalman heatsink
PC power and cooling silencer 750 quad
Seagate barracuda 320gb
Windows XP SP2

All of my temperatures are fine. I still need to flash my bios, and right now i'm updating my 8800gtx drivers. I have nividia control panel running and ATI tool for 8800 temperature. My temperatures never get hot. The CPU is running under 50 celcius, the graphics card never makes it above 80 celcius when playing games and idles at around 55-60 celcius. The case is cool with a huge desk fan on it so there isn't a good possibility of it overheating. Everything has plenty of power with the power supply.

Any help would be appreciated since I haven't a clue as to whats doing this.

its usually around 70, but still, that shouldn't be a reason for why i can't watch videos in windows media player when its idling around 55 celcius

no one else? I need to fix this and i'm gonna try updating BIOS, removing video codecs, then if that doesn't work a fresh install of XP.

Back