Help choosing a Wifi card...

Decepticon

Gawd
I'm going to be moving into a place in the next couple months where I'll have to go wireless on my desktop (until now I've just done Ethernet so I don't even have a wifi card on my desktop). The router/modem aren't anywhere near my bedroom so my gear will be going wireless from now on :p All my devices are built-in wifi ready but not my desktop.

I would like recommendations as to a rock-solid, reliable, fast and well performing card as I can to make up for no hardwired connection. Especially with BF3 coming out I'm not all that thrilled with being forced into this situation but you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyhow, I'll be bringing my router (Netgear WNDR3700) so I'll have the range and speed from there about as good as I can get, so I'd like a card of equal merit.

One side note...probably not really feasible considering I want speed and performance as a priority, but I would love a card (if possible) without bullshit antennas sticking out of the case, or with external antennas you have to set up on your desk. I will go that route if I have to but man that is an aesthetic nightmare, IMO. The ones that stick out of the back of the case are the worst looking for me just as a caveat :p

Thanks guys :D

One side note...probably not really feasible considering I want speed and performance as a priority, but I would love a card (if possible) without bullshit antennas sticking out of the case, or with external antennas you have to set up on your desk. I will go that route if I have to but man that is an aesthetic nightmare, IMO. The ones that stick out of the back of the case are the worst looking for me just as a caveat :p
You will not get good performance from a wireless adapter without having something sticking out of the case. I would honestly recommend using a client bridge instead of an internal or external wireless adapter.

This ENCORE ENHWI-2AN3 can be used as a non-WDS bridge with its stock firmware and is only $27. Forget 5GHz it your computer is multiple rooms away from your router.

Back