Help! Bootable Antivirus

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
I need help with getting a bootable antivirus program. My cousins computer is completely screwed up and has some weird virus. Does anyone know of where I can download a free bootable antivirus program or how I can make one?

thanks

My current favorite way of building a bootable OS rescue disk. You can get the latest DOS level McAfee engine / defs for free and it'll integrate with BartPE when you follow instructions on the website. Works well.

A desperation move that often works for me when I work on a really infected system is to remove the HD from the computer, place it in an external USB drive encloseure, and connect it to another computer with a running and fully updated antivirus running. If you don't have an external encloseure you can of course install it as a slave drive in the spare computer. Then you can scan for and remove viruses and spyware to your heart's content. Although there is some risk that the spare computer could get infected too, so naturally don't use a PC that is critical to your life for this. That said I've used the trick dozens of times without the virus ever moving unto to spare PC.

A desperation move that often works for me when I work on a really infected system is to remove the HD from the computer, place it in an external USB drive encloseure, and connect it to another computer with a running and fully updated antivirus running.
YUP.
That said I've used the trick dozens of times without the virus ever moving unto to spare PC.
YUP again. And my wife asks why I need more than one rig. :D Its as good an excuse as any, and I've used a few.

Ultimate Boot CD.
Many useful utilities including these 5 antivirus programs:
F-Prot Antivirus for DOS
McAfee Antivirus Scanner
Avast! V7.7 for DOS
AntiVir Personal Edition
AVG Free Edition

Back