I'm running an Audigy 2 with x5300's, with the Creative control panel set to 5.1 surround sound. For some strange reason, after a few weeks, the Control Panel changes this setting to 2 Speakers and removes the 5.1 option - I'm stuck setting it to 4.1.
This has happened a few times with my Audigy 2, and the only way I've seen it fixed is when I re-install everything (I've wiped my system a few times in the past year). I've now slapped in an Audigy 2 ZS and the problem just happened again - now I'm starting to get annoyed.
Is there a fix to this? I've tried unplugging my speakers and re-plugging them in, but it doesn't help.
This has happened a few times with my Audigy 2, and the only way I've seen it fixed is when I re-install everything (I've wiped my system a few times in the past year). I've now slapped in an Audigy 2 ZS and the problem just happened again - now I'm starting to get annoyed.
Is there a fix to this? I've tried unplugging my speakers and re-plugging them in, but it doesn't help.