• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Heatsink Recommendation Plz

Darkatom

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
1,185
Next month i'll be moving my system (listed below) into a TJ07. I currently own a lapped true but due to the NB on my 790i I am forced to mount it horizontally. I dont want to do this in the tj07 as it will be pulling air off my gpu and will blow it out top giving me some unoptimal temps so im looking for the best heatsink that I can mount vertically. I will be using the intake/exhaust setup that the tj07 comes with which is rear fans intake and top fans exhaust. Below are my current heatsink picks which I would appreciate some feedback on .

*On a side note I am planning on lapping which ever one I choose.

System Specs:
e8400 @ 4.0 vcore 1.344
evga 790i
gtx 280 sli
TJ07

Thermalright HR-01 Plus w/ 120mm Scythe SFF21G SFLEX (75cfm) inPush/Pull
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thhrplforso7.html

Enzotech Ultra-X w/ 120 x 38 mm 2000rpm Ultra Kaze
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/enulforamatf.html

Noctua NH-U12P w/ 120mm Scythe SFF21G S-FLEX (75cfm) in Push/Pull
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556086475.html

Ultima-90 w/ 92mm 56cfm panaflo in push/pull
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thulforinso7.html

Feel free to recommend some heatsinks that I did not list.
 
You should take a look at some of the downward-blowing heatsinks like the Thermalright SI-128SE, Scythe Zipang, and HDT models from Xigmatek/Kingwin(there are a few different models, and the Kingwins are rebranded Xigmateks but tend to be cheaper).
 
Thanks for the recommendation on the Thermalright SI-128 SE. Been doing some poking around and its performance is top notch when paired up with a good/powerful fan. Add a good lap on top of that and it would make for a great performer.
 
Back
Top