Heatercore Shroud

The_Dark_Hacker

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
133
i just got my new bonneville heatercore and was wondering if anyone knows where i can buy a good shroud for it. i have seen some around but npn of them give good spacing. i was looking for one like this

Link to picture of shroud


i found that on a site but they onyl ship to the UK

thanks in advanced

edited by zer0signal667 - please don't leech bandwidth that isn't yours
 
You can always make ur own. Pretty straightforward. It can be made out of steel, wood, lexan, fiberglass, etc. Even cardboard.
 
Check my shroud HERE

6th picture down. Made it from cardboard. Just lay your rad down on a piece of cardboard, trace around it (except for the bottom tank and top barb area....just the rectangular piece). Now you've got your rectangle drawn. Now, extend all four corners by drawing a line 1 1/2 inches. . Now you Cut the four corners, bend inward, then tape together. Now you've got the front and sides. Next thing to do it cut the holes for the fans. Take two fan grills, evenly space them out, tape in place, trace around them with marker. Remove grills, cut out circles. Oh, remember to traces the small loops where the screws go for the fans. Spraypaint if desired...

You've got yourself a shroud!
 
how much spacing are you looking for? they are fairly easy to make out of plexi or metal if you have a dremel and a few other minor handtools:
ARweapcore.jpg
 
This is the first shroud I ever made out of sheet metal. It took a few hours to complete.

DSC00798.JPG

DSC00799.JPG
 
^nice work. the angles look good. Is that made with a manual press or the wooden block method?

try kicking your shroud height up to about 1.75" on the next one - might get you an extra degree or two.... ;)
 
Thanks............... :) All I used to make it was a wood block, hammer, vice and a dremel. All I had for sheet metal was a piece of a old case side panel, so it was sort of a pain to bend with the metal being so thick. But it worked out ok. I have some alu flashing that I saved from a siding job that I plan to use to make a deeper one when I get more time.
 
yes, bending one of the shrouds out of thicker metal by hand is damn close to being work.

I built a fairly large one out of cold-rolled 22 gauge and it was definitely not easy.
pic of course:
gallarszd2.jpg
 
Back
Top