Heater core performence?

Zecora

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Messages
354
I am looking and getting a dual 120mm heatercore for $50.00 do heater cores perform as good as the big names like black ice, or better.
 
Generally heater cores perform better than any of the normal radiators.
 
Heatercores are excellent, it's just that they usually require a little work to get them looking good, or to fit in your loop/case. If you're up to the task, then definitely get one. If not, then open up your wallet and dump out some more money :D
 
black ice are just pained heatercores with attached metal shrouds...
 
Yes, but don't pay $50 for a dual core.

I got my Fedco 2-199 for $30 from bumper to bumper auto parts. It's from a 1973 chevy caprice.

heatercore.jpg


1/2" ID tubing slides right over the 5/8" tubing used on the core.
 
On a related note, doesn't paint on the fins reduce their efficiency?
 
Originally posted by Mav
On a related note, doesn't paint on the fins reduce their efficiency?
He didn't paint the fins, just the outside and the tips of the core
edit: didn't mean to sound like a know it all ;D (I asked him this in another thread)
 
Originally posted by diredesire
He didn't paint the fins, just the outside and the tips of the core
edit: didn't mean to sound like a know it all ;D (I asked him this in another thread)


but black ice does...thats why they perform worse yet are pretty much the exact same thing as a regular heatercore
 
Back
Top