Hey, I was going to buy a new headset and wanted some recommendations. I actually have 2 choices right now.
1. I currectly have an icemat siberia and the mic on it is dead. I can't get it to work so I emailed icemat and they said that they must replace the whole headset, not just the mic. If I went that path, it would take weeks for them to send my headset back so I would be soundless for like 2-3 weeks - maybe longer. (If somebody has experience with icemat RMA, let me know how long it took them). BTW, I might have to send them all the way to europe. I dunno if icemat has a place I can send the headsets in USA. I am not even sure how much it would cost to ship them all the way to europe.....
2. The other choice I have right now is buying a whole new pair of headset. If I do get new headsets, it must meet these 4 requirements if possible.
a) Budget is LESS than $100 under all circumstances.
b) Must have a decent uni-directional mic. I don't want background noises entering the mic.
c) Must be comfortable for EXTENSIVE amounts of use. ~45 hours a gaming a week between me/brother.
d) Strong wire. Don't want the wire to be very soft and easy to come out. My icemat mic died because of the very weak wire on the mic. The mic works when i push the wire in hard and soon as I let it go, it doesn't work so the wire was too soft on it. I also don't like the icemat siberia for another reason: There is a small thin metal string holding the top rest thing on it. One side already got pulled on my icemat so I got a little piece of duct-tape on, keeping the top-rest together. Very very fragile. ;/
Let me know what you all think. I need to make a choice asap. Thanks people.
edit: I also want these to last me for a while. Don't want to buy another headset less than a year later... I don't want to regret buying them at all.
1. I currectly have an icemat siberia and the mic on it is dead. I can't get it to work so I emailed icemat and they said that they must replace the whole headset, not just the mic. If I went that path, it would take weeks for them to send my headset back so I would be soundless for like 2-3 weeks - maybe longer. (If somebody has experience with icemat RMA, let me know how long it took them). BTW, I might have to send them all the way to europe. I dunno if icemat has a place I can send the headsets in USA. I am not even sure how much it would cost to ship them all the way to europe.....
2. The other choice I have right now is buying a whole new pair of headset. If I do get new headsets, it must meet these 4 requirements if possible.
a) Budget is LESS than $100 under all circumstances.
b) Must have a decent uni-directional mic. I don't want background noises entering the mic.
c) Must be comfortable for EXTENSIVE amounts of use. ~45 hours a gaming a week between me/brother.
d) Strong wire. Don't want the wire to be very soft and easy to come out. My icemat mic died because of the very weak wire on the mic. The mic works when i push the wire in hard and soon as I let it go, it doesn't work so the wire was too soft on it. I also don't like the icemat siberia for another reason: There is a small thin metal string holding the top rest thing on it. One side already got pulled on my icemat so I got a little piece of duct-tape on, keeping the top-rest together. Very very fragile. ;/
Let me know what you all think. I need to make a choice asap. Thanks people.
edit: I also want these to last me for a while. Don't want to buy another headset less than a year later... I don't want to regret buying them at all.