• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

headset for voice chat during games

darkhorse

Gawd
Joined
May 10, 2005
Messages
972
Hi, I have a logitech z-550 5.1 surround sound setup hooked up to my pc(through 6 channel direct if it matters), I was thinking about getting a headset to compliment the 5.1 system for voice chat in games, like the 360 headset with one headphone and the mic.


Will most games that support voice chat(BF2, MW2 mainly right now) be able to send the game audio to the 5.1 system and the chat audio to the headset seperately?
And I'm guessing this will have to be usb no?
 
Yes, you can have audio through 5.1 speakers and the mic on for chat. If you have 3.5mm plug headset, just plug in the red one (mic) and leave the stereo unplugged. If you have a USB headset, you have to enter "Playback Devices" (Vista/7) and set your speakers as default instead of the headset.

But if you want to be *heard* in voicechat- turn your speakers off and use the headphones instead. I routinely mute other players that have their speakers on; it's almost impossible understand them, and I hate hearing time-delayed game audio in their voice transmissions.
 
Back
Top