• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Headphone Reboot

N2ob

n00b
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
4
For some reason, every time I plug or unplug my headphones, the computer reboots. What could cause this?
 
Onboard audio I assume? What motherboard?

Using the backplate connectors or the ones routed to the chassis for easy front/top access?
 
N2ob said:
For some reason, every time I plug or unplug my headphones, the computer reboots. What could cause this?
That's strange.
Is it a software reboot (such as BSOD crash) or is it just a hardware reboot.
If that's the case, some wires may be messed up ...did you plug the front panel audio into the motherboards reset pins? ^_^
 
The reboot occurs when they are plugged in using the audio port on the backplate of the chassis. I haven't tried the ports in the front of the case.
 
Back
Top