• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headphone amps? What?

have2p

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
160
I came lurking in here today because my headphones broke and I need a new pair. After doing some reading, I'm leaning toward the AT A900's. I will be plugging them into an X-Fi and they will be used almost exclusively for gaming.

My question is pretty general: What is the purpose of a headphone amp? Do I need one? What are the benefits? The drawbacks? What makes one amp better than another? Where would I purchase such a thing?
 
Back
Top