Headless Farm w/ NF2?

mwarps

Supreme [H]ardness
Okay, here's an idea. Turmelle has wowed us all with his super glowy headless/diskless blade farm.

As Lockheed has pointed out to us here, The NForce2 platform can now be fired up into LTSP.

With a board like the Abit NF7-M, which has 90% of the overlocking features of it's daddy, the NF7-S...

Would this be a logical evolution?

Just a thought.

So long as you can supply the power needed to overclock, and the large chunck of copper needed to keep the CPU's cool...

I'd still just drop some extra bucks on retail 2400+'s on cheapo non-OC'ing boards. There will be a price difference such that you can get more non-OC'ing layers than OC'ing layers on the same budget, unless you consider biostar NF2 boards...

All new systems of mine will be P4s until they fix the SSE problem. I believe AMD has a legit bug in their SSE implementation but hopefully Stanford/Gromacs team can find a workaround.

I can't see what people's problems are, honestly.

I've got seven AMD machines, all 24/7all overclocked in some fashion. it's been this way for months. I have had one, count it one, solid lock that I can verify to be from Folding, and I've had maybe two or three unrelated locks between all these machines.

40+ SSE-capable AMD CPU's here. Last lockup was several months ago. It depends on the WU's themselves. There were only a couple of projects where this issue has hit me.

Back