iKnowKungFoo
n00b
- Joined
- Jul 28, 2005
- Messages
- 53
Ok, the new desktop and the old desktop now have DVI-to-HDMI converters and are connected to my T260HD monitor over HDMI. My laptop can connect over HDMI as well.
I found this 4 x 1 USB Peripheral Switch that allows me to connect my keyboard & mouse to multiple computers (each are PS/2 connected to single USB converter). This was about $30 + $8 for cables at Fry's.
Then I found a 3 port HDMI mini switch over at Meritline for $22 (includes cables).
My goal has been to DECREASE the clutter in my computer rack, but the separate devices seem to be the only way to get what I need. Well, outside of spending over $300 for this IOGear KVM, which seems a bit ludicrous.
Any other (inexpensive) alternatives?
I found this 4 x 1 USB Peripheral Switch that allows me to connect my keyboard & mouse to multiple computers (each are PS/2 connected to single USB converter). This was about $30 + $8 for cables at Fry's.
Then I found a 3 port HDMI mini switch over at Meritline for $22 (includes cables).
My goal has been to DECREASE the clutter in my computer rack, but the separate devices seem to be the only way to get what I need. Well, outside of spending over $300 for this IOGear KVM, which seems a bit ludicrous.
Any other (inexpensive) alternatives?
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.