HDD's on new system

RLich8

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
348
I'm pretty much done building my new system now, and I need to know the best way to run my hard drives. It's a gaming machine, DFI UT LanParty NF4 SLI-D, AMD Athlon 64 3800+, and nVidia 7800GT.

I've got 2 SATA Samsung 160gb's in there. Should I run them in RAID, with or without partition? Or should I just run them as two normal drives, non RAID mode? Whatever is the best way, if you could please exlplain it. I'll be running Windows XP Professional if that makes any difference.

Thank you.
 
unless you do any type of large file work, photo shop, video editing, etc, or playing alot of mmorpgs you might as well just leave them as seperate drives. Either that or do some quick raid 0 research on google for benchmarks and benifits to see if it would help you or not.
 
Back
Top