HDD data recovery cost?

TomKzinti

Limp Gawd
I recently had both a 20GB WD and a 40 GB WD drive go tits-up on me. The 40 GB is the important one that I want saved. It has about 30 GB of stuff on it. When I tried rebooting last, the HDD was not recognized by BIOS, and a repetitive clicking noise was heard coming from the drive.

Anyone know any costs or general pricing on data recovery from bad hard drives? Any place I can go for reliable service and low cost?

On another note, this absolutely sucks. That HD's been running for going on 5 years now and it has all my stuff on it.

TYIA

-TomKzinti

http://www.drivesavers.com/

I have used this company many times for customers and they have NEVER failed to get the data back. I have used them about 11 times so far. They can be trusted. Prices vary on the amount of data, but they are reasonable.

Also, post 9/11 they were offering free data recovery to the victims and businesses. One of them many reasons I recommended them.

One more thing, You say your drive is clicking, I wouldn't power it up again until I can get to a data recovery service.

Good Luck.

Thank you very much, Douglas25. Could anyone possibly come up with a price range(just ballpark) for recovering 30 GB of data off a 40 GB drive? I've had someone tell me around $600, someone else tell me $300...slight discrepancy there.

800-440-1904

Give them a call and get a free quote. They stand by their quotes.

Back