wrxdrunkie
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 23, 2007
- Messages
- 461
So I recently installed a 64gb SSD as my boot drive for windows 7. Fresh install. I have 2 other drives for media and such. A 1tb Caviar Black and a 2tb WD green.
The computer is running great, fast, SSD is a dream.
I did notice however that my HDD activity light is staying solid. The computer still runs fast. But it has me worried that windows is writing constantly to my SSD.
On initial boot it doesn't seem to do it. But eventually I will look at the HDD light, and it is just solid, I cant notice the computer taking a performance hit.
The only real changes I have made to windows 7 is I deleted hibernation and one thing with how many temp files the computer will store but I can't remember exactly what it was right off of the top of my head. I just remember it having to do with having a rig plenty of ram and an SSD.
Any ideas guys? Sorry if I rambled, I just wanted to throw some of that information out there incase it was important.
The computer is running great, fast, SSD is a dream.
I did notice however that my HDD activity light is staying solid. The computer still runs fast. But it has me worried that windows is writing constantly to my SSD.
On initial boot it doesn't seem to do it. But eventually I will look at the HDD light, and it is just solid, I cant notice the computer taking a performance hit.
The only real changes I have made to windows 7 is I deleted hibernation and one thing with how many temp files the computer will store but I can't remember exactly what it was right off of the top of my head. I just remember it having to do with having a rig plenty of ram and an SSD.
Any ideas guys? Sorry if I rambled, I just wanted to throw some of that information out there incase it was important.