HDA Xplotion Help

357mag

n00b
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
23
I cant get sound form my speakers !!!!

I installed the drivers and software for the hda xplotion rebooted pc and i cant get any sound!!

i tried switching pci ports still nothing ...I then installed my onboard audio driver and that works fine ..... but the hda doesnt work for some reason


I checked all connections everything is fine checked under controlpanel/system/hardware and nothing has a "?" or "!" around it

I think i un/installed the drivers about 10x but i cant get any sound out of it !!!

is their anything im doing wrong????


system specs:
mobo: MSI k8ngm2
cpu:amd x2 3800+
ram: cosair (2)1gb,(2)512)= 3gb
hdd:200gb sata/80 gb ide
OS: Xp Pro
case X-qpack
powersupply: Stock(temp)/raidmax 470 (doesn't fit)
 
What is your setup? Maybe the card is faulty. Did you uninstall your onboard? If you didn't uninstall it did you set your Xplosion as your primary sound device in control panel.
 
I recently did a clean install so i never installed the onboard audio because my hda was comming from newegg i installed the card then the drivers and nothing came out of the line in port i installed the onbord after i installed the hda driver to see if i was installing the card correctly I got sound out of the onboard but not the soundcard I uninstall the realtek drivers and reinstalled the hda still no sound.. again sytems hardware shows everthing is working correctly and there is nothing showing up that indicated of a malfuntion on the card
 
DOuble check all your connections. check your mixer, make sure it's not muted etc...sometimes it is just something simple. Let's hope so.
 
Maybe I know what happened. Firstly connect your speaker to the "front" jack, the one with number "1", not to the line in. I assume you are using analogue so don't use Dolby Digital Live or DTS Interactive in Xear3D because it will disable the analogue output. You can either set it to Digital Audio xxKHz or just turn it off by clicking the "-" button next to the "S/PDIF Output in Xear3D. I think that you will get a sound.
 
I got it working

I put the connector on the 3rd input and put a cd into the drive (have the dvd drive connected with the 2&3 pin connector ) and everyhting worked so i got another one of the internal audio cable and connected it to the audio connection on my motherboard and now everthing is working ok thanks audio and alg7 for all your help!
 
Back
Top