Cool69rtcharger
n00b
- Joined
- Jun 2, 2013
- Messages
- 23
Ok it seems that turning off speedstep has helped as I'm not seeing the drop as low as i was before. cpu is still getting rather hot in a prime95 test at this clock speed and power so i may need a better cooler then stock. I will have to keep messing with it and seeing what happens but thanks for all the help i will post an update if anything changes.
I would have never thought that this processor could have been the problem but i don't understand this throttling stuff as i can seem to fully disable it in my processor as the clock still drops back to 1.6 and will even drop for a second when I'm using 100% load before jumping back up to 3.9 and i was never able to get it to disable in the hd7870
I would have never thought that this processor could have been the problem but i don't understand this throttling stuff as i can seem to fully disable it in my processor as the clock still drops back to 1.6 and will even drop for a second when I'm using 100% load before jumping back up to 3.9 and i was never able to get it to disable in the hd7870