• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HD600 with Xonar?

aaaaaaaaaaandy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 10, 2006
Messages
128
I just purchased a Xonar DX and I'm super happy with the sound that it is producing through my speakers, but I'm considering some nice headphones so I my neighbors dont have to bang on the wall (possibly hd600?). The question is, will I notice a significant quality increase if I were to also purchase an amp? Or will I be happy just hooking it up through the Xonar?
 
I'd probably notice it, but many people don't listen very analytically. It's not as huge as, say, going from "computer speakers" to the real thing. What it can often do is give the music more presence and clarity over a wider range, leading to a more immersive listening experience.
 
te xonar dx is not strong enough to drive the hd600 (not even remotely) the hd600 needs at least a small desktop amp to shine
 
how about audio technica ath-ad700 or ath-ad900? they are great open circumaural phones that supposedly work quite nicely unamped
 
Back
Top