HD 555 or HD 595

Grentz

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
17,321
Ok, i have done some looking in trying to find a awesome pair of headphones to get for around $100.

Most say the HD555s are awesome and the best for their price (i can get them for right at around $100). But is the difference in the HD595s worhty of moving up to them? It is about a $50 upgrade (i found some on ebay for $149) and I am wondering if it is worth it.

Currently I am using Etymotic ER6 earphones so I am sure either should be an upgrade (as the ER6s lack bass...) for music listening.

I will be driving them with my PC, but may upgrade to a better XFI card sometime soon (as $$$ dictates :p)

Thanks,
Grentz
 
never heard the 555's, but i have the 595's. after about 100 hours of burn in, the bass kicks in pretty strong. for me, they're a bit bass heavy.

no one can tell you if it's worth the upgrade. the qeustion for yourself is, "is the extra performance worth the $50?" the 595's are supposed to be better than the 555's in all aspects, and i'm assuming the difference is marginal as the 595's are great at anything. and since the 555's are still good, the difference from 555 to 595 to better phones is probably not too great. it's jsut if you want the improvement, you have to be willign to spend the cash.
 
Ya, I wish there was some place I could hear the difference in them. Too badly around here no shops have them out where i can listen to them :mad:

The reviews on both are very strong, and I guess the 595s are a bit of an improvement.

I would love to hear from anyone that has tried both as a comparison of the two?
 
Spring for the better one if you can, then you won't be second guessing yourself about "what would the better one have sounded like..."

Have you ruled out the beyerdynamic DT770pro 80ohm for 150$us already? Another great headphone for the price.
 
Nope, only thing was i liked the look of the sennheiser better :p
 
Back
Top