having some major problems with my new 2800+set up

iamgus_gus

Weaksauce
ok so heres the deal, i wanted a new computer so my friend showed me this site and he talked me into OC an AMD and watercooling. so i bought a 2800+ and it is unlocked (lucky). i also bought an ASUS A7N8X. and 512MB corsair RAM. i bought my watercooling system piece by piece

ok so o bought this card its a 9600 with 256MB memory supposedly... but i clicked auto configure when i was loading medal of honor and it comes up as video mem range 56MB... WTF and my games are glitching up and freezing, did i install this wrong? is there something else i need to do? could it be that im overclocking my cpu the wrong way? can i overclock my graphix card? my cpu is watercooled but my Graphix card is not.

or did i get jipped and inside my box was the wrong card (i did buy it off ebay).

my computer only freezes when running these games! is it unstable?

so here are the stats on my cpu right now
[ WCPUID Version 3.1a (c) 1996-2002 By H.Oda! ]

Processor #1 : AMD Athlon XP (Model A) / B8B2492A
Platform : Socket A (Socket 462)
Vendor String : AuthenticAMD
CPU Type : Original OEM Processor (0)
Family : 6 (7)
Model : 10 (10)
Stepping ID : 0 (0)
Brand : ----
APIC : ----
HT Log.CPU Cnt : ----
Name String : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+

Internal Clock : 2204.99 MHz
System Bus : 400.91 MHz DDR
System Clock : 200.45 MHz
Multiplier : 11.0

now i know there it says 3200+ but i bought a 2800+ i think it is the program reading something wrong there but as u can see im runing at (11x200.45)=2.204.99

now my computer is still frezzing up but only rarely in raven shield, a little more in vice city, and i havent been able to get thru training in call of duty without it freezing up both in safe mode and and running different random graphix settings.

so what could be going wrgont here
i saw someone with a 2800+ is getting 2.5gig by running (12x208) should i try that? or does anyone have any other numbers i could use?

please help me out i cant stand not being able to use the computer i just spent over 600 to build!

also i may be running a little warm and i dont know why since watercooling is supposed to be the best so maybe u guys can help me out here also.

right at this moment i am running at 31, 0, 44. ive seen temps as high as 35, 0, 51 WTF!

these are MBM5 numbers so they are in celcius and the first number is case temp the last is CPU temp. i dont know what the middle one is.

what can i do to cool this down? im using some cheesy watercooling addative from DTEK.com
any suggestions there? please help me out!

hey gus video range was 64 not 56 just to let you know. I really think it may be the video card thats causing these problems

You are getting crappy temps for watercooling. Try re-mounting the blocks and apply more pressure this time. These game problems really seem to be a video card problem. What was your install order?

ok well i played with the system ALOT changing everything and testing going back and forth and i have come to the conclusion that both running at 1.6 and at 2.3gig the game runs crappy and also even if the game settings are set to run crappier it also still freezez within 5 mins of game play.

so i realized that the card itself blows and i want a new one now cause i really want to play CoD and i keep freezing with it. damn i got jipped.

I can't believe you went for the 256mb ATI Radeon 9600. Don't you realize that the extra 128mb is mostly useless right now? It's not even a Pro, I bet my 128mb ATI Radeon 9600 Pro is better :).

What was your order of installation?

I think gus we may have to play around with where the radiator is because I think that is the problem with it not being able to get rid of the heat?

The order of installation?
Put in mobo w/ ram
Setup water cooling
Put in all the drives
Put in the video card

Booted up for the first time

Back