Having odd Bitlocker Recovery key issues after upgrading GPU.

sknight

Limp Gawd
I wanted to upgrade the Video card in the AMD Ryzen 2700X system in my sig.
I purchased a MSI GTX 2060 from Vuduz (Thanks Vuduz!)
After installation, Win 10 Pro 64-bit is requesting my Bitlocker Recovery key. (Which I
have, of course!)
Now for the problem. No matter what I do or try, Bitlocker will not take any keyboard
input to enter my all-numeric key. I've tried connecting both my regular keyboard, and
a very basic Dell one to every USB port (3.0/2.0) on both the front and back of my system,
with no luck. I am unable to boot into the Bios either. I believe due to the Keyboards not being
seen at all.

For those that haven't read my sig or don't want to, the hardware involved is:
AMD Ryzen 2700X with Wraith Spire Cooler
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
16GB DarkPro DDR4 3200 DRAM
Sabrent 1TB M.2 SSD
Was - MSI Ventus GTX1660 6GB XS OC, Now - MSI RTX 2060 6GB
Corsair 650 Watt Gold-Rated Power Supply
Latest nVidia Drivers installed, PC Bios is up-to-date.

I should mention that I have had zero issues with this PC since building it.
I have had to enter a Bitlocker Recovery Key once before after upgrading
my motherboard Bios. All components are less than 9 months old.

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas? I'm wide open.

I thank you all for your generous assistance.

Silver

Last edited:
I would try the old GPU to make sure the new one isn't causing the problem.

You may also want to check for shorts \ damage to all of your usb ports incase something got smashed when disconnecting \ reconnecting to add the gpu. I have seen one bent pin prevent all usb ports from working.

I don't see any onboard 2.0 ports on that mobo. Unless you have an older case with a 2.0 usb header you may have to try something like this https://www.amazon.com/Duttek-2-Pac...keywords=usb+2.0+header&qid=1570549720&sr=8-9 (This really shouldn't be a problem on modern mobos but it's an option incase all else fails.)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, the case is a bit older, although I bought it new as a deal from Newegg. It's the Thermaltake Element G v2. It only has USB 2.0 on the front panel.
I've added a slimline BlueRay/DVDRW/Burner installed into a 5.25" enclosure that lets me mount the drive normally. It brings my USB 3.0 to the front. Although,
I don't believe this has anything to do with it, as I've tried all the ports on the back straight on the Motherboard. I appreciate the reply though. I will be retrying with
original video card tonight to see what that reveals, and will post here.

Thanks for you reply!

Silver

Back