Has anyone had any experience with this memory?

malingjc

[H]ard|Gawd
Originally posted by Phantum
Geil PC3200. GL1GB3200DC. I wanna buy it, but I'm not sure. Corsair has such a good reputation.

Is it the ones with the copper heatspreaders? I run a pair of 256mb ones and they work great, I had to originally RMA one of them, but that is almost to be expected with any manufacturer anymore.

I myself just got some. I had to RMA one stick, had over 4k errors.

Originally posted by Lime
I myself just got some. I had to RMA one stick, had over 4k errors.

Heh. Well errors are errors. Mine was kaput around 0.7mb, right where bios caches itself so it was sort of interesting to watch.

If your RAM's good you shouldn't get any errors at all. Mushkin and Corsair are definately the two best. Kingston HyperX is another of my favorites. Geil is a pretty good choice if your on a tight budget.

Originally posted by burningrave101
If your RAM's good you shouldn't get any errors at all. Mushkin and Corsair are definately the two best. Kingston HyperX is another of my favorites. Geil is a pretty good choice if your on a tight budget.

Well just saying, you still have the chance of getting bad Mushkin, Corsair and Kingston modules. It happens, just like Geil.

Originally posted by malingjc
Well just saying, you still have the chance of getting bad Mushkin, Corsair and Kingston modules. It happens, just like Geil.

Yup it does happen. Not usually quite as often though. I've had to RMA a few in the past. But if your getting any errors at all you ither got bad sticks and need to RMA or you just picked the wrong brand of memory to start with. Mushkin Enhanced and Kingston HyperX are both great for overclocking because they stay error-free even at some really high speeds.

Back