Has any1 try Gavotte Ramdisk (Freeware), and is it any good?

I'll using DataRAM myself, very simple and useful software. But I need some1 free to support 8 GB

As to superspeed, it won't load in a few cases, I read a few links in the internet, if I use the shadow RAM under 1 GB, it can be unstable. Off hand, I can't remember if there is an option to JUST use RAM about 1 GB or not.

You can't or won't pay $14.99 for Dataram's unlocked/unrestricted RAMdisk?

Really?

Why pay money if you can find another comparable solution for free? There is no harm with OP trying different programs.
Well there isn't one. If you think this is the first thread asking about free ramdisk without limitations, pull the wool back from over your eyes.

Also, whatever else one may try make sure to run crystaldisk benches against Dataram to make sure it stacks up, there are a handful of poor performing Ramdisk apps floating around out there due to inferior driver design.

Best "cheap" RAMdisk without limits: Dataram

Best "hardcore does everything under the sun and more" RAMdisk: SuperSpeed RamDisk Plus

Everything else sits someplace in the lower brackets in my experience. Those are the only two I bother with, personally.

Didn't mean to start a shitstorm, but $14.99 is pretty much an afterthought to get what that RAMdisk software offers. It's worth every cent in my opinion

Also, whatever else one may try make sure to run crystaldisk benches against Dataram to make sure it stacks up,
Between 8-9,000MB/s depending on how you format it - at least with 1333mhz Dual Channel memory. That's a pretty fast drive :)

like others said, I'm only trying it. However, as of a few hr. ago, I have delete this Gavotte ramdisk off my hard drive.

It's very odd: it seems to be written by a chinese programmer, and some of the instruction is written in chinese. The biggest problem is, the latest ver. is dated 2004, in which Win 7 or vista for that matter, hasn't come out.

So when I run it, I got blue screen. There is a web link:

http://www.jensscheffler.de/using-gavotte-ramdisk-in-windows-7

that said you can run this software under win 7, but you have to enable PAE, and that's precisely what I don't want

=============

Having said the above, I'm trying something called Vsuite Ram Disk Pro

has any1 try this one?

Back