Hard-DC.com

I hate security ... why can't we all trust each other in the internet ... this cross site scripting drives me nuts ... plus I really might fully move the site to my own root server where I fully control the webserver; not like now on a shared hosting. But yes: thanks for the shot; it helps to confirm.
Though I wonder why my macOS chome are ok.

Well... my Android phone running Chrome was OK as well. I Team Viewer'd into my home PC and it runs fine there as well. It is just something being blocked here at work.

ChristianVirtual I have a dedicated server that I rent from a datacenter located in North Carolina. It's running CentOS 7 w/ Web Host Manager (cPanel) that I have full, 100% control over. You're more than welcome to use it for anything you need.

www.leroyblanchard.com
www.skillzservers.com
www.ut-files.com

The few web sites I host on it. Plus a handful of game servers and I use a few cores to run BOINC on.

Thanks Skillz the offer; I also have some root server (though in good ol’ Germany). Just need to locate over with DNS etc. The web server and mail server on that is already up (getting mails from hard-dc.com). And actually a second server for the database. So right now hardware wise we are covert. The transfer volume is also ok. I was just “scared” with the mail server on my own. Was some learning curve but fun.

Ah okay cool. I already have all that running on my server. MySQL, email, apache, dns, ftp and other services for hosting web sites.

I posted a public page for this year's Pentathlon. ChristianVirtual , can you get a page going for public viewing started as a work in progress to link to for other members to see? If it is already present, my apologies. I haven't been on the site for a while due to little free time at home and work blocking some of the links and such.

F64CC1D8-F346-4D36-80B8-9A4FF73EA86B.jpeg

The inactivity indicator is back, the the project still appear in it alphabetical sequence it means only inactivity for the actual interval; if all intervals are inactive the projects moved to the bottom of the list.

Also added a line with the final sprint ranking for those projects where a sprint took place.
Funny: we won SETI sprint but don’t appear in marathon ...

I posted a public page for this year's Pentathlon. ChristianVirtual , can you get a page going for public viewing started as a work in progress to link to for other members to see? If it is already present, my apologies. I haven't been on the site for a while due to little free time at home and work blocking some of the links and such.
It in the menu .... points by projects/members. There remain an inconsistency in D14 , but overall it does what it should.
Still can spend the next days as we have “Goldenweek”in Japan .... lots nationals holidays around begin of may.

CE992B0B-B4DA-4912-8ECF-19152E5117AE.jpeg

and just in time for "THE EVENT" a function similar to the FB dashboard ; but now linked to the standard BOINC tables in the DB allowing us all kind of challenges to monitor.

I kept the 1/3/7 days intervals; but its flexible; if you have other needs its just a config in the DB.

Was also trying lots for get some kind of "bunker detection" done; but given the number of WUs in some project and the quite weak API for accessing individual results I had to gave up. It would means I might had to ask the BOINC servers of projects for give me 100'000 individual results in few seconds; that would lead to a ban of my IPs I guess. Also the amount of data to process on my side would be quite lots.

So still not "bunker detection" which makes the uses linear regression a bit risky; but have nothing better at this time to predict our beloved competitors.

Anyway: please watch the first days with some care and potential issues. Still have two days off and can react hopefully quickly.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 0.48.36.png

Forgot to mentioned: the challenges will only appear when the current UTC time is within the range of a challenge. So in theory those two test events should disappear on the screen and the current known two real projects should come up.

I try to refresh the team stats once per hour and hope the project admin's don't block me. Some I tried to contact but no response. So I assume once an hour getting latest data is "fair use".

Last edited:
Well.. some of the stats projects do hourly so guessing that would be a normal behavior unless a project deliberately told them no.

Last edited:
Update on 2019:

the FB dashboard is back ... still will need up to a week to be work as intended for D03 and D07 but D01 is ok'ish

Back