HAF X defective?

FRZ

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
3,933
So I have a new haf x which I just installed my parts in. When I went to power on for the first time two things occured. First wasn that the system powered on by itself without me pushing any on button. Second thing that happened was there was a small spark on my motherboard. After initial pants defecation, I toted around with the system and noticed that when I unplug the case power connector and use the power switch built into the motherboard the system power on fine. And also I found the spark is from the front USB header connector being connected to the board. Could these issues be faulty case wiring?
 
I find it rather unlikely that they crossed the wiring.

The power buttons and USB header may be on the same PCB though, and shorting, or solder may have gotten onto a copper trace.

Take it off and look.
 
Back
Top