HA-RX900s...

garfnon

n00b
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
18
I got these headphones as they seemed to be the FOTM here and on head-fi. They were also cheap enough so that I couldn't resist :p. After nearly 100hrs of burn in, I think they are really nice and probably better than my HD555s except for one thing...sibilance. Even on low/moderate volume, it's really really annoying. Listening to songs like Castaway by Green Day is almost unbearable. The HD555's do not have this problem. Anyone else having this problem?

FYI I'm using AV710 -> BSG Cmoy -> headphone.
 
Something else is wrong then. They do not sound like that.

Try listening from the sound card itself and see if it is still there.
 
I just tried:
AV710 -> HA-RX900
Ipod 5G -> cmoy -> HA-RX900
Ipod 5G -> HA-RX900

Same results. I'll try it with some more sources later. I removed the felt driver cover, but I doubt that would could this.
 
No sibilance here either. I had them connected to creative X-fi and got some, even if I plugged into my receiver. I recently switched to an Asu Hdav1.3 and this has gone away.

so there must be a problem with your headphones :-(
 
Back
Top