[H]|G BF3 server

im just s of chicago and I get great pings to dallas, sometimes better than chicago.

Are we going to play normal or Hardcore?

Not much of a fan of the 3D spotting, but normal mode seems like BC2 hardcore when it comes to guns.

Also, if you need any admins, I'm more than willing to help out. Plenty of BF server admin experience from 1942/DC to present.

Last edited:
Are we going to play normal or Hardcore?

Not much of a fan of the 3D spotting, but normal mode seems like BC2 hardcore when it comes to guns.

Also, if you need any admins, I'm more than willing to help out. Plenty of BF server admin experience from 1942/DC to present.

The plan is to have a regular server first, then other servers once we get more troops and donations. As for the 3d spotting, we will see how that plays out.

I get an average of about 60ms which is fine by me. If you need any help with anything let me know. I usually idle in vent under the same name, I'm more than willing to help people out with troubleshooting or whatever you guys may need.

I get an average of about 60ms which is fine by me. If you need any help with anything let me know. I usually idle in vent under the same name, I'm more than willing to help people out with troubleshooting or whatever you guys may need.

sounds good. We will keep you in mind.

I'd be interested in donating, but wouldn't be real happy if I was donating and it was full all the time when trying to get on. Is there ways to manage that?

Anyone on vent running with us and those who donate will have a place in our server(s). We will make sure of that.

I'd be interested in donating, but wouldn't be real happy if I was donating and it was full all the time when trying to get on. Is there ways to manage that?

I'm assuming BF3 will have some sort of reserved slot functionality. Though without knowing until release, it's hard to say. Unless Loco already did research on this part.

Anyone on vent running with us

That's a good way to have people in so they aren't just moving people off the server. Because if we had 70 donator's and 60 of them were playing - it would be odd to have a donator kick another donator. Hmm, thinking to myself is confusing. :confused:

if thre are 64 player rush maps, may i suggest a 2 rush (defenders and attackers switch) followed by a single conquest map rotation?

Rush maps go by faster anyway.

Other than that, id love to play a vanilla server with active admins.

I'm assuming BF3 will have some sort of reserved slot functionality. Though without knowing until release, it's hard to say. Unless Loco already did research on this part.

We won't know till it comes out really. but if its like BC2 then we could but the problem with reserved slots you take the max slots away. you have 8 people in the reserved slot list you take away 8 slots so now you have a 56 player server.

if thre are 64 player rush maps, may i suggest a 2 rush (defenders and attackers switch) followed by a single conquest map rotation?

Rush maps go by faster anyway.

Other than that, id love to play a vanilla server with active admins.

Again if that like BC2 where we had an option for it. What we wanted to do if we get the donations for it is to have 2 servers, one for rush and one for conquest or maybe a mix of rush and conquest. but for now its gonna be conquest only unless there are some good rush maps to add.

Also I don't know if when the game comes out if there will be 64 player rush. last I heard it was 32.

That's a good way to have people in so they aren't just moving people off the server. Because if we had 70 donator's and 60 of them were playing - it would be odd to have a donator kick another donator. Hmm, thinking to myself is confusing. :confused:
At that point we would get another server as the funds would allow it. Its alot harder to max out a server then that though.;)
We won't know till it comes out really. but if its like BC2 then we could but the problem with reserved slots you take the max slots away. you have 8 people in the reserved slot list you take away 8 slots so now you have a 56 player server.

Again if that like BC2 where we had an option for it. What we wanted to do if we get the donations for it is to have 2 servers, one for rush and one for conquest or maybe a mix of rush and conquest. but for now its gonna be conquest only unless there are some good rush maps to add.

Also I don't know if when the game comes out if there will be 64 player rush. last I heard it was 32.

Ill check into it. CSS servers do that same thing but you setup 1-2 slots as reserve and it basically keeps a gateway open for people on the list. If on 64 slots you have 2 slots for reserve and there are 62 people on the server. A reserve slot person joins and it will boot the non reserve player.

Like i said ill have to check into it and see its mechanics.

At that point we would get another server as the funds would allow it. Its alot harder to max out a server then that though.;)

Ill check into it. CSS servers do that same thing but you setup 1-2 slots as reserve and it basically keeps a gateway open for people on the list. If on 64 slots you have 2 slots for reserve and there are 62 people on the server. A reserve slot person joins and it will boot the non reserve player.

Like i said ill have to check into it and see its mechanics.

When I ran BF2 and DC servers, the reserve slots were just the gateway in, but could be filled.

Let's say the server has 64/64(1), if a VIP player joins, the server kicks 1 player and lets in the VIP. If another person joins who is a VIP, the original VIP moves from the reserved slot and is now a normal player, and the new VIP comes in when the server kicks someone else.

You can have 64 players in a 64/64(2) with no VIPs online, they're not lost slots if you do the normal BF server config.

When I ran BF2 and DC servers, the reserve slots were just the gateway in, but could be filled.

Let's say the server has 64/64(1), if a VIP player joins, the server kicks 1 player and lets in the VIP. If another person joins who is a VIP, the original VIP moves from the reserved slot and is now a normal player, and the new VIP comes in when the server kicks someone else.

You can have 64 players in a 64/64(2) with no VIPs online, they're not lost slots if you do the normal BF server config.
Thats good to hear as thats how Source engine does it as well.

I will try to be on this weekend, but right now I am at Tulsa doing rallycross nationals.

Back