[H]ard Islands

Da Goober

n00b
:p :p

[H]ard Islands

%5bH%5dard%20Islands.jpg

haha, that looks slick!
good job.

definatley wouldnt mind living there. or setting up the craziest game of CTF or paintball...

Terragen with an imported BMP for the letters.

I emailed it to [H]ardnews, hope they post it. ;)

bealzz said:
haha, that looks slick!
good job.

definatley wouldnt mind living there. or setting up the craziest game of CTF or paintball...

Paintball......

When hit the lottery and inherit bill gate's fortune I'll have those islands built in the caymans........

Any day now. :(

GlobalFear said:
When hit the lottery and inherit bill gate's fortune...
Why would you want to get rid of Microsoft??? Sure it has its cons but without Microsoft, we'd be left with Macs...:eek:...now you KNOW you don't want to be stuck with all Macs...Macs sux...and not everyone can learn Linux or the other OSes...try teaching little kids them and old ppl...Wish for a new, better OS instead of the downfall of Microsoft...their demise will come WITH a newer and better OS if ever one gets created...
shrinkified for off-topicness

WOW...talk about off-topic...LOL...that [H] island is awesome...I need to learn to do stuff like that someday...

This is very OT, But, I just want his money, somebody else can run the company. ;) Looking for a job?

Nice Work, btw.

It looks very nice, but a couple of points. One, it looks like maybe you brightened the image in post, hard to explain the effect. Two, some of the text island shadows underwater look like they have a really small shadow map resolution (the spikies). Other than that its awesome.

No post work at all, except using Irfanview to convert the Terragen rendered BMP to a JPG.

I used the "WaterWorks" plugins to control the waves/reflections in the water, along with the default settings.

The 'spikey' parts of the letters come from the original [H] BMP that I used to create the [H]. Areas that are too thin - the tops n bottoms of the letters in this case - get like that. They were worse before I used BOLD letters to make the BMP.

Keep in mind - I have been playing with this program for a week or so - teaching myself. JUST IMAGINE what someone SKILLED could do!

Check em out here. (Not all are Terragen work)

DeviantArt

Back