[H]ard | Gaming is against SOPA

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
We are all against this junk and will be joining the march with Google, Reddit, Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Paypal, Ebay, etc on the January 18th, 2012 blackout.

I'm definitely anti-SOPA but I'm concerned this blackout stunt could backfire in more ways than one.

How long/what kind of time frame are you and these others sites going to do this thing for?

I'm definitely anti-SOPA but I'm concerned this blackout stunt could backfire in more ways than one.

How long/what kind of time frame are you and these others sites going to do this thing for?

one day.

What kind of black out? As in not using the internet for a day? Im all for protesting SOPA but how will that do anything?

What is sopa?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act
What kind of black out? As in not using the internet for a day? Im all for protesting SOPA but how will that do anything?

It will vary from site to site. Most will have Full or Nuclear blackouts. Its to raise awareness of SOPA itself as well as demonstrate what it would be like if SOPA is approved. Here is a longer list of popular sites participating.
Google
Yahoo!
Facebook
Twitter
AOL
LinkedIn
eBay
Mozilla Corporation
Roblox
Reddit
the Wikimedia Foundation
the Electronic Frontier Foundation
the ACLU
Craigslist
Minecraft
Major League Gaming
XDA Developers
TuCows
destructoid
wordpress

More here.
http://nlb-creations.com/2012/01/13/websites-confirmed-for-the-jan-18-blackout-protesting-sopa

Whoa, hold on.
Google is NOT blackingout, yet. They are still thinking about it. They are not on the list you linked either.

I said it will vary from site to site. Facebook and twitter likely arent doing a full blackout either.
Which is why the whole thing is totally pointless.
As soon as the larger sites realized just how much money they will lose in the long run the whole blackout initiative evaporated.

Which is why the whole thing is totally pointless.
As soon as the larger sites realized just how much money they will lose in the long run the whole blackout initiative evaporated.

I dont expect you to understand it. This isnt really a debate thread. Im just saying we will be doing the same.

This shit is now getting beyond ridiculous.
Rupert Murdock is spewing his poison calling the Obama administration thieves and crooks for questioning/not supporting SOPA.

http://mashable.com/2012/01/16/murdoch-twitter-rampage-sopa/

The traitors to this country are very obvious and on TV on a regular basis. If this tirade has any effect, you will know for sure who really runs this country.

Following this whole thing is just sickening. I have absolutely no faith in this government anymore. Its been dismantled, corrupted and raped for greed and money. The fact that people keep hearing "Corporations are people too" should sound a fuck off huge alarm in your head.

This is FAR from over.
Bring on Wednesday, Wikipedia has just confirmed they will be blacking out. SOLIDARITY with Technology.

This is far from over , it needs to be kept fresh in everyone's mind that "shelved" does not mean "defeated" and if the Senate passes PIPA than we've lost.

We need to keep the pressure on Congress , Senate and The White House non-stop to prevent this kind of legislation from ever getting to the floor to pass.

Hollywood is desperate (despite having some of the best years in profit in ages) to pass both bills and will dump millions on lobbyists to get it done. We have to keep at them and oppose anything they attempt to present that doesn't have clear and decisive aim for its existence. This is an election year so lets vote with these two bills heavy in our minds. Those that support Internet censorship have no right to be in office.

Keep up those petitions , keep spreading the word gentlemen :)

troll the douchebag spearheading this bullshit....

frDPb.jpg

Back