GTX 1080 for $480

yeah I bet it is... that's a lot of corrosion, who knows what the board looks like under the heatsink
you guys got me curious of what my main card (vega64 reference) sells for on ebay....I paid $350 brand new 2 years and they are selling used for over $800 right now.....Just blows my mind. Kinda explains why 99% of all new cards are marked up a min of 80% above msrp

you guys got me curious of what my main card (vega64 reference) sells for on ebay....I paid $350 brand new 2 years and they are selling used for over $800 right now.....Just blows my mind. Kinda explains why 99% of all new cards are marked up a min of 80% above msrp
Yeah the prices are out of this world. I bought my ref V64 locally for 280$ cash in spring 2019 and sold it on Ebay a couple months ago with no cooler, no backplate, and cosmetic issues- and still got 640$ (I price I literally chose as a joke, I shoulda done 666$ lol) for the bare card. I see complete cards going for 800$-1000$, wild. I think the pricing pressure started out the other way tho, that the huge prices on new cards pulled up the used market-and now it's caught in a feedback loop where there's no inexpensive options so there's no incentive to lower prices.

Yeah the prices are out of this world. I bought my ref V64 locally for 280$ cash in spring 2019 and sold it on Ebay a couple months ago with no cooler, no backplate, and cosmetic issues- and still got 640$ (I price I literally chose as a joke, I shoulda done 666$ lol) for the bare card. I see complete cards going for 800$-1000$, wild. I think the pricing pressure started out the other way tho, that the huge prices on new cards pulled up the used market-and now it's caught in a feedback loop where there's no inexpensive options so there's no incentive to lower prices.
Its absolutely mind boggling on a completely different level to me that people are so hard up to build and upgrade computers that they will drop ridiculous cash on cards that are literal years old. A buddy that doesnt know any better just built a new computer for upwards of 2k and... its not even that good.

that cards been sprayed with acid or worse
Looks like it was in a very damp environment, perhaps near salt water even for that kind of corrosion. I've seen equipment used for cellular towers that looked corroded like that and usually water incursion or very damp environment is the cause.

It's like it was used in a submersion-cooling rig, but the builder used water instead of oils...

yeah I bet it is... that's a lot of corrosion, who knows what the board looks like under the heatsink
We'll never know, since I imagine removing that cooler is going to peel off half the components.

I sold a completely dead Vega 64 for $200+$50 shipping. Completely dead. Still need to ship it out tomorrow. You can do the math.
I think I've seen used working ones going for about $700

I sold a completely dead Vega 64 for $200+$50 shipping. Completely dead. Still need to ship it out tomorrow. You can do the math.
Capture.JPG

Not sure where your finding that. this was JUST pulled up and they are all above 800

To play devil's advocate here, I've bought about 8 Vega56's and I think all but one were listed as dead. So far 5/8 work perfectly and another one works intermittently. Has artifacts on screen until booting into linux. Of the other two, one is still recognized by my computer so it might be salvageable.

Capture.JPG

I never in million years thought my old back up card fetches this much...crazy times indeed

Taco dont understand...WHY?!
why would someone buy such overpriced gpu? Is the ultra intensification that bad that you cnt wait for this to blow over?

Like even for principle! What's even more hurtful is seeing these prices herr!

it's going to take years for the chip shortage to clear up, the fabs have orders planned out in advance and delays because of covid, droughts, and political issues have severely impacted manufacturing lines... so basically, if you want anything with a chip in it, expect to pay too much

yet here i cant even sell Titan Black gpus for what i paid for them and they work. guess i can do what will give me peace using new shotgun and gasoline since they arent worth what was paid i can at least get some cool vids and see money spent get blown away literally :ROFLMAO:

I wonder what I could get for my tertiary backup, a 1080 FE. It is in a working SFF PC that does see some semi regular use, it does not over heat, artifact, or anything of the nature. Never been apart, but does get the dust blown out of it a couple times a year.

Not that I would ever go through the hassle of selling a card, but curious none the less.

lol did they give that 1080 a acid bath or something before they tried to sell it.

Back